Thursday 25 September 2014

PG's Got Talent 2013

Two summers ago I went on stage in front of a large crowd for the first time since I was a child. I competed in PG's Got Talent here in Prince George alongside my then-boyfriend (and now fiancĂ©) Gerald Rosenau and our friend Celina Jarales. The three of us named ourselves "Paula's Friends" because we had a mutual friend named Paula and we performed a mash-up of "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men and "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers. I played ukulele, harmonica, and sang; Gerald played kick drum and tambourine; and Celina played guitar and sang. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the month it took us to prepare before the competition.

The day of the big show everybody who was competing in PG's Got Talent were treated like celebrities. Loxx Academy did all of the performer's hair and make-up was done by a professional aesthetician. Paula's Friends did not end up winning but we had no regrets that we put ourselves out there and shared our talents with Prince George. Since the competition, I have been on stage many times with other friends and have grown to absolutely love entertaining people with a ukulele and my voice. Music is one of my passions and it was reignited the summer of 2013. To watch a video of Gerald, Celina, and I competing in PG's Got Talent as Paula's Friends, you can click here.

PG's Got Talent Poster

Paula's Friends






2 comments:

  1. Breanne, I am so glad that you've recaptured the joy of performing as part of your adult life. Because you have that for yourself, you will be able to share it more easily with your students! And how wonderful if you can use your beautiful voice to teach them to enjoy singing. Even a simple song, dance, or drama can become an enjoyable performance if it is practiced and polished and done with a little flare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, during my practicum last winter I sang with my grade one students and played ukulele, too! :) I taught them a song in French called 'Les jours de la semaine' as they were singing days of the week songs in English. I cannot wait to incorporate more music in my future lessons!

    ReplyDelete