Tuesday 25 November 2014

Singing Our Hearts Out

Here is Byron, Denon, and I singing our hearts out at Celebration of Creation!

I had to write a blog post about the singing (and playing) that Byron, Denon, and I did at Celebration of Creation on Monday, November 24, 2014. At the same time that children, their families, and other guests browsed through the art gallery, the three of us sang popular songs, such as 'Wonderwall' by Oasis, 'Let Her Go' by Passenger, and 'Umbrella' by Rihanna. The music helped create a wonderful mood as people viewed the exhibits, and we received many smiles and warm words of encouragement.

I enjoyed myself as I sang because it was a way for me to forget about all of the assignments I have coming up, and the stress I have to get them all completed. I feel that art can do this for elementary students, as well. Even though their workload is not the same as the workload is for university students, young students still stress out about the assignments they need to do and the tests they have. I think an important reason why the Fine Arts are important to teach in the school setting is because they help cultivate wellbeing in students. As a teacher, I believe it is important to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment